Posted by Lambchop
This time, I fundamentally disagree with Sarah Palin. I think Biden should stay in the race. We need the comic relief to counteract the insanity and horrors of the Obama administration. People also need to see exactly who President Obama believes is THE BEST person to lead this country in the event that something should happen to him, versus Governor Romney who believes that Paul Ryan is the best possible leader in the case of the unthinkable. Imagine if Michelle goes crazy over Barak eating a McRib and beats him to death with her ThighMaster in the Lincoln bedroom? The country would be stuck with Biden as President!
As sobering a thought as that is, Obama will probably last until November, and die of some sort of smoking -related illness at a ripe old age. In the meantime, we have a campaign to run.
Vice President Biden is increasingly unable to hide the obvious – that he is an unapologetically blithering idiot. For years, Biden’s nickname in the Senate was “Slow Joe”. This was NOT a reference to his pace of walking. The more he travels and the more spray tan and Botox injections he gets, the less he is able to contain the stupidity. Biden is charming and likes people, so he loves both positive and negative attention. Biden is truly too dumb to realize (or care) that he repeatedly makes mistakes.
Biden dropped out of the 1988 presidential race when allegations of plagiarism proved to be true-both during law school and in numerous speeches he gave as a United States Senator. Is this a reflection of character or stupidity? Probably both, but the real reason Biden plagiarizes is because he can’t cut it. He simply does not have the intellectual capacity to perform at that level.
A great list of Bidenisms by Daniel Kurtzman:
- "You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.... I'm not joking." -- C-SPAN, June, 2006
- "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man." –Biden on Barack Obama during the 2008 Democratic primary campaign, Jan. 31, 2007
- "Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America. Quite frankly, it might have been a better pick than me." -- Town hall meeting in Nashua, New Hampshire, Sept. 10, 2008
- "Stand up, Chuck, let 'em see ya." –-Joe Biden, to wheelchair-bound Missouri state Sen. Chuck Graham in Columbia, Missouri, Sept. 12, 2008
- "When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said, 'Look, here's what happened." –FDR was not president when the stock market crashed in 1929 and television was not available. Interview with Katie Couric, Sept. 22, 2008
- "Look, John's last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the number-one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S, jobs." -- Athens, Ohio, Oct. 15, 2008
- "If we do everything right, if we do it with absolute certainty, there's still a 30% chance we're going to get it wrong." --To House Democratic caucus in Williamsburg, Va., annual retreat, Feb. 6, 2008
- "I wouldn't go anywhere in confined places now. … When one person sneezes it goes all the way through the aircraft. That's me. I would not be, at this point, if they had another way of transportation, suggesting they ride the subway." –Talking about how to avoid Swine Flu the swine flu "Today Show" interview, April 30, 2009
- "I promise you, the president has a big stick. I promise you." –Reference to Theodore Roosevelt's famous quote, "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far." (April 26, 2012)
- My mother believed and my father believed that if I wanted to be president of the United States, I could be, I could be Vice President!" -- Youngstown, Ohio, May 16, 2012
Biden is the Honey Boo Boo of the Democrat Party.