Posted By Lambchop
The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) has revised original estimates on Obamacare.
- The CBO estimates that 30 million people will be without insurance in 2016.
- The CBO also estimates that 6 million will pay the tax rather than get health insurance (up from the original 3 million estimate). The penalty by 2016 will be $695 per household or 2.5% of household income, whichever is greater.
The massive unintended consequences which were ALL predicted by critics when the law was being slammed through Congress are coming true. The numbers were revised for the following reasons:
1) The economy is in bad shape-raises and hiring is frozen, layoffs persist. Cost of goods increased.
2) People’s incomes have decreased – lower wages, lack of employment opportunities.
3) U.S. Supreme Court decision found the law’s requirement that states expand their Medicaid programs unconstitutional - leaving more subject to the penalty,
4) The cost of healthcare has risen dramatically with worker health insurances costs up 23%
5) Unemployment is high – lower wages, people are underemployed.
is not a good solution – patients have less access to Medicaid, doctors are no
longer participating (less than 31% of Texas docs are accepting Medicaid
patients) and states have opted out.
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2012/sep/19/more-americans-expected-pay-health-insurance-penal/