Posted By LambChop
Director of the Central Intelligence Agency David Petraeus resigned. The FBI was conducting a probe into whether or not Petraeus’ email had been compromised.
Petraeus’ love interest, biographer Paula Broadwell, is married with two young children.
The resignation has shocked many who question the timing giving the sensitive nature of the Benghazi scandal, the questions that still remain, and the looming hearing next week. It has also been reported that Petraeus will not testify at the Benghazi hearing next week.
The computer-security investigation points to one reason Mr. Petraeus and the White House believed the popular official couldn't remain in the senior intelligence position: The affair raised the possibility his improper relationship could have compromised national security.
The Obama Administration officials claim the White House was briefed on the affair on Wednesday.
"After being married for over 37 years, I showed extremely poor judgment by engaging in an extramarital affair," Mr. Petraeus said in a statement to CIA employees Friday. "Such behavior is unacceptable, both as a husband and as the leader of an organization such as ours."
The convenience of the timing and Petraeus’ contradictory actions (initially stating that he would look forward to testifying on Benghazi and now he will not testify).
The questions that need to be asked are as follows:
1) Why was the FBI investigating a possible compromise into Petraeus’ email?
2) What/who was the source of the FBI’s information that incited the investigation in the first place – anonymous tip? DOJ? David Axelrod?
3) With Axelrod in the White House and the FBI part of Holder’s DOJ, what is the possibility that Obama administration officials were tipped off to the affair ?
4) If the White House kept a "dossier of dirt" on Petraeus - was it used against Petraeus to prevent his testimony in the Benghazi scandal to continue the cover-up?
5) Why is the DOJ police force (the FB)I investigating anything to do with the DIRECTOR OF THE CIA? Why no counterintelligence?
Suspicious, enquiring minds want to know.