Posted By LambChop
From LA Times:
Moonbat Governor Jerry Brown delivered a State of the State speech this morning, saying California has once again confounded its critics to become a “model “ for the rest of the nation.
The Governor referenced a “special destiny” for the state and even thanked voters for raising taxes on the rich, driving businesses and wealthy individuals out of the state in record numbers.
Still, Brown actually urged caution as the state faces its first budget surpluses in years. California's economic progress, he said ironically, relies on financial discipline: "It is cruel to lead people on by expanding good programs, only to cut them back when the funding disappears. That stop and go, boom and bust, serves no one. We are not going back there."
Fun Facts About California
- Unemployment 9.8%
- 1.6 million fled from the state of California between 2000 and 2011
- Regulations: Illegal to have Bible study in home without permit, illegal to smoke in your backyard, forced vaccinations of children for STDs
- California ranked as the nation's worst state in which to do business for 7 years running by more than 500 U.S. CEOs polled by Greenwich, Conn.-based Chief Executive Magazine, based their opinions on numerous factors, including regulations, tax policies, work force quality, education resources, quality of living and infrastructure.
- Local municipalities are going broke, have already gone broke and are cutting much needed city services (police, trash pick- up). Atwater would follow Stockton, San Bernardino, Mammoth Lakes and Sacramento.
- Income tax rates raised over 50% to as high as 66% on high earners
- High crime rates, high poverty rates