Posted By LambChop
FACTS THAT HAVE NOTBEEN CONSIDERED IN GRANTING AMNESTY:
- Amnesty will cause an immediate uptick in illegal immigration, after the fact. According to a suppressed INS report, the 1986 amnesty law failed because it offered an incentive for more illegal aliens to come here and take advantage of a future amnesty, causing an increase in illegal immigration to the US. The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA) was responsible for the increase in unauthorized entry to the U.S. in 1988-89 partly because during those years the rate of females entering illegally DOUBLED the 1987 rate, with females and children joining families already living in the U.S
- The current immigration system is overwhelmed. There is no possible way to verify millions of identities. There is no way to enforce immigrants’ “requirement” to learn English.
- Latinos will not assimilate. They simply set up areas within cities in towns that reflect where they came from – except in the U.S. they have cable TV, phones, trash pick -up, proper sewage, running water, and air conditioning. With bilingual education, Spanish forms, television, Mexican style markets, there is no need to assimilate into American culture.
- Wages for low skill jobs will decrease. With an influx of an unskilled underclass, the wages for low-skill jobs will be driven downward, causing more pressure on safety net welfare systems.
- We are importing an underclass without the skills or capacity to better themselves at significant levels who will be dependent on government services to meet basic needs.
- Infectious diseases previously eradicated are on notably the rise in the U.S. from infected illegal Mexican populations (Mexican make up 60% of illegal immigrants): Hepatitis A, measles, rubella, shigellosis, rabies, tuberculosis, shigellosis, syphilis, Mycobacterium bovis infection, and brucellosis.
- A large percentage of illegal immigrants commit crimes once they are in the U.S. 17% of the US criminal population includes illegal immigrants who committed additional crimes on top of coming to the US illegally, which is, in of itself, a federal felony.