Posted By LambChop
The daughter of Arizona Senator John McCain, Meghan, will host a new talk show on Pivot – the new cable channel targeting social issues for the low information 18 to 34-year olds. Pivot will launch its network this coming August.
McCain described the show as "uncensored" and "real,” covering important topics like a meth lab explosion in Arizona. Wow. Sounds mavericky.
"We're told ... that young people can't have news because we're just tweeting all the time, and that's just bullshit," McCain said at the presentation about the new show.
So why is McCain getting a TV show?
- McCain is currently a blogger writing for The Daily Beast.
- She has 13,000 followers on Twitter
- Laura Ingraham mimicked McCain on her radio show, stating in McCain’s Valley Girl drawl: "Ok, I was really hoping that I was going to get that role in The Real World, but then I realized that, well, they don't like plus-sized models."
- In April 2009, she signed a six-figure book deal with Hyperion.
- She drinks Bud Light.
- She has been dumped on email by a serious boyfriend.
- She spoke at the Log Cabin Republican Convention in 2009 and said that there is "a war brewing in the Republican Party" between the past and the future, and that "Most of the old school Republicans are scared shitless of that future."
- Rachel Maddow said that Meghan has the same maverick gene as her father.
- Book reviewer Leon H. Wolf wrote on McCain’s book: "It is impossible to read Dirty, Sexy Politics and come away with the impression that you have read anything other than the completely unedited ramblings of an idiot."
The only way I can describe my series is it's meet the press meets jackass - on the road talk show, and it's the opportunity of a lifetime!— Meghan McCain (@MeghanMcCain) March 27, 2013