Posted By LambChop
President Barack Obama announced five “Promise Zones” in an effort to spread his false meme of “income inequality.” Of course, these promise zones are a marketing tool used by the federal government to justify corporate, institutional and social welfare that will be granted to each of the zip codes. One of the promise zones is San Antonio, Texas. A bit odd since San Antonio has been reaping the benefits the Texas economic boom that are a direct result of conservative fiscal policies. The problem of inequality in San Antonio has one cause: Illegal immigration. In 1992, Rice University economist Donald Huddle estimated the cost of migration to Texas of $4.6 billion which he predicted would inflate to $10 billion by 2014. He underestimated.
Income inequality is caused by liberal immigration policies and official and unofficial "sanctuary" city designations. Open borders attract criminals and the lowest rung of society who, by definition, produce the least. The costs are primarily in areas of Education, Higher Education, Healthcare Services, and Criminal Justice.
Immigrants find there is no need to learn English and refuse to assimilate when they come to a city like San Antonio. They have children out of wedlock more often and are already undereducated. Because San Antonio is governed by notorious socialist mayor, Julian Castro (son of Maria “Rosie” Castro a known militant communist who helped establish the La Raza Unida political party in the 1970s), San Antonio has taken steps to promote legal taxpayer-funded education and welfare for illegal immigrants.
The fact is San Antonio’s statistics from the U. S. Census Bureau (2012) reflect the causes of the stagnation of wages at the lower end of the city's demographics - the inequality is almost entirely caused by the addition undocumented latino immigrant to the general population:
SAN ANTONIO STATS VERSUS THE UNITED STATES:
- IMMIGRANTS MOSTLY BORN IN LATIN AMERICA - 77.1% Versus National Average 51.7%
- FEMALE HOUSEHOLD NO MALE PRESENT - 15.8% (national average 13%)
- HOUSEHOLDS WITH 1 OR MORE CHILDREN UNDER 18 - 38.4% national average 32.9%
- UNMARRIED FEMALE BIRTHS - 37% versus national average 35%
- HIGH SCHOOL Education - 83% versus national average 86.7%
- SPANISH SPOKEN AT HOME - 34.8% versus national average 14.2%
- DOES NOT READ/SPEAK ENGLISH - 10.5% versus national average of 6.1%
- LESS THAN 9th Grade Education - 8.1% versus national average of 5.8%
Until the border is closed and the United States gets serious about the types of immigrants to accept, San Antonio and other Texas cities will suffer the consequences.