Posted By LambChop
The Real "State of the Union"
- Laborforce Participation Rate at lowest point since 1978. A record 91.8 million Americans are no longer in the Workforce.
- The economy continues to gain jobs, but 77% of them were part-time. The number of long-term unemployed is nearly double what it was when Obama became president. Since Jan. 2009, the number of Jobless Working-Age Americans has risen by 9.6 million people.
- Wages remain stagnant, increasing a scant 0.3% after inflation during Obama’s time.
- The number of low-income persons on food stamps remains just below the record level reached in 2012, with 15% of the population still getting benefits or 47.4 million Americans now rely on Food Stamps.
- Health care spending has increased 15.8% under Obama, which is faster than inflation but modest by historical standards.
- U.S. exports have gone up just 34%— leaving the president far short of his announced goal of doubling them by the end of this year.
- The federal debt owed to the public has nearly doubled since Obama was sworn in, increasing by 95 percent. U.S. Debt Now Stands at over $17.3 Trillion.
- A Record 10.98 Million Americans Now Receive Disability Checks.
- Nearly One in Three Americans Fell into Poverty from 2009 to 2011.
- 42% of Americans Believe Themselves Worse Off Financially than a Year Ago.
- The Federal Workforce has increased by 3.2%.
- Gas Prices have Risen 82% under Obama.
- Overall consumer process have increased 10.3% (does not include food or gas).
- Home ownership rate has declined: -2.4%.
- 264 Have been Killed in Iraq and 1676 Have been Killed in Afghanistan under Obama.