Posted By LambChop
Former Republican National Committee chairman Michael Steele said Tuesday he could win a steel cage match against his successor, Reince Priebus.
Steele went on to say, proving once and for all that he is a bonafides idiot and permanent embarrassment to the GOP in his obtuse rant that Priebus is a "numbnuts." Steele has even eclipsed former Democrat Party Chair Howard Dean’s public humiliations of himself and his party. Not an easy thing to do.
Steele, the RNC's first African-American leader when he took the post in 2009, lost the chair to Priebus in 2011 after embarrassing public gaffes (thin Joe Biden) and fiscal mismanagement. For some reason, Steele told radio host Andrea Tantaros he could beat Priebus in a steel cage fight.
"Oh, no question. I'd clean his clock," Steele said in the interview. When Tantaros asked what moves he'd use, Steel answered: "Just one knock on the head. It’s done.”
"No pile driver needed?" Tantaros asked.
"That's way too much energy for this," Steele answered.
Steele continued to hit Priebus in the interview, "I was laughing at some of these numbnuts after the election talking about, 'Oh, well we need to do a 50-state strategy,'" Steele said. "Dude, where were you for 2009 and 2010? That’s exactly what we did."
So let’s review Michael Steele’s stellar record as RNC Chair:
1) Steele ran up the RNC's debt to what initially looked like $15 million. In the previous two non-presidential cycles, the RNC carried over $4.8 million and $3.1 million respectively in cash reserve balances into the presidential cycles. Once Steele was in charge of the pot, the RNC entered into the 2012 presidential cycle with 100% of the RNC's $15 million in lines of credit tapped out, plus additional unpaid bills which later pushed the total to a jaw-dropping $23 million in debt.
2) Steele blew off the major donor base. And pissed them off. The RNC raised $284 million in the 2002 cycle and $243 million in the 2006 cycle, thanks to small donations and Tea Party efforts, but donations declined drastically in 2010 cycle.
3) Steele repeatedly advocated positions in public that were not part of the GOP platform: He expressing opposition to a ban on abortion and proclaimed that abortion is an “individual choice.”
4) Steele unapologetically charged $1,946.25 to his GOP expense account for a night at Hollywood’s Voyeur Club where topless women perform lesbian S&M sex acts on each other.
5) Later, Steele did not pay the bills of the RNC’s credit cards, the accounts were suspended for non-payment by the creditors.