Posted By LambChop
It’s 2013 and Peyton Manning seems to get better and better. He is #1 ranked passer - leading in yards passed, touchdowns thrown and a 75% completion rating. No interceptions so far. His Quarterback Rating is 138 (past the perfect score of 126).
- Peyton's father was legendary quarterback Archie Manning who was not only drafted by the NFL but was also offered a spot in professional baseball – with the Atlanta Braves.
- Peyton’s mama was Homecoming Queen at Ole Miss in 1970.
- Peyton weighed in at over 12 pounds at birth.
- Peyton is actually a middle child.
- Peyton grew up in a home built in 1853 in New Orleans.
- Peyton is a sports trivia buff.
- Peyton’s older bro also played football but had to give it up after he was diagnosed with a rare disease called spinal stenosis.
- Peyton was QB of the varsity team as a sophomore in high school.
- Peyton was heavily recruited by famous colleges - Michigan, Florida State, Notre Dame, Mississippi, and Tennessee, where he landed.
- Manning was elected to Phi Beta Kappa Society in 1997.
- Peyton was runner- up for the Heisman Trophy.
- Peyton is known for his hyperactive pre-snap line dance that includes strange audibles, making funny faces and waving his arms.
- Peyton’s nickname is "The Sheriff".
- Manning uses a rare form of Gaelic at the line of scrimmage learned this from his older brother Cooper. Peyton also uses food names for calls.
- Tom Brady (QB for the New England Patriots) said about Peyton, "To me, he's the greatest of all time.”
- Peyton and his wife have twins.
- On game day Peyton ALWAYS eats two pieces of grilled chicken, a bowl of pasta with marinara sauce, a plain baked potato, a side of broccoli, and Gatorade –no matter what time of day it is.